The property and original house was built and owned by Samuel Gage in 1799. It passed through the Gage family until the late 1800's when it was sold to Charles French who ran it as a summer boarding house. In 1904, Charles' widow sold the property to Henry Eaton, who then sold it to Lucien Kimball in 1908. Lucien was a local minister who had a keen interest in the Emmanuel Movement and Psychotherapy. He renamed it Kimball Hall and used the house to treat visitors to "the benefits of rest, change, quiet country living, the high elevation, sunlight, outdoor exercise and special diet which would all combine for a good recovery and a much better outlook on life."
Following Kimball's ownership, the house was owned by Mrs. Rhodenizer who ran a Bed and Breakfast for many years. In the years since, many children and animals have been happily raised in the shadow of the tall maples and big red barn!